"A bit about me..."


I am currently a teacher in training at the University of South Alabama. I have a degree in Special Education and I am working on getting my license reinstated. I had children and stayed at home, I let my certificate expire. Coming back to South Alabama has opened my eyes. I am very excited about useing technology in my classroom. I received my degree from South Alabama in 1999 and I had taken a technology class then but we were learning how to splice 16mm film. All I can say is WOW to technology and I can't wait to use the many technology tools in my classroom.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Podcast as teaching tools.


Podcast are a wonderful teaching tool for educators to use in the classroom, audio and video podcast are available. I see podcast more beneficial to university, high school, and middle school students. Video podcast can be used by students taking a web-based course so they have visual examples of the lesson. Professors or teachers can assign students to download lectures from different universities.
Itunes U has every subject on every level of learning. Teachers could assign history lessons to be view on a video podcast or watch an example of a statical problem being solved for math class. There are video podcast for students learning another language or if taking an art class you can find examples on drawing different subjects, use of this tool is endless.
Although I do feel it is more beneficial to older students there is plenty of material for elementary school students. Teachers could assign students to download and watch mini field trips then write a report on what they learned. Students could listen to certain stories and write a book report. The material found on itunes U is free to use, as an educator I plan on taking advantage of this resouce.

No comments: